Thursday, January 31, 2008

Alien Crop Circles

Tonight we were back to the TCR spin class and it was a doozy. Class started with a 5.5km warm up followed by a 15.4km "alien crop circle" route. Basically 6 climbs with short flat sections between. The route is called alien crop circles, but it looks like 6 perky boobs complete with steep nipples. I guess they can't call it that...
I finished in 31mins ave watts were 168. I seriously lose watts on the downhills. That is the downfall of being a lightweight. I am afraid to adjust my weight on the machine to my actual weight which is 4lbs lighter- for fear that I will go backwards on those downhills.
After the alien boob course we were on to 6x 120% threshold intervals. Ouch. I got up to 363 watts, which is the point when my legs felt like they were going to explode.
D was on fire tonight and finished almost 2mins ahead of the German on the course. Go D!

It was a tough workout, but the kind of pain we enjoy. We are really going to miss these classes.

Tomorrow is the first of February...only 29 more days as a resident of Calgary. Gulp.

Training for the day: Bike 1hr20mins

No comments: