Thursday, January 3, 2008

Kona Circa 1993

Tonight we were on our own for a Thursday night ride since TCR doesn't start back up until next week.
The on-bike entertainment was provided once again by Mark Allen, Paula Newby- Fraser and the other IM athletes competing in the 93 world championships. For the first time thus far there was a female reporting on the race and the coverage of the woman's race increased by about 5 fold. Paula struggled for her win, suffering on the run after a poor run training season created by a stress fracture in her ankle. Her pain and suffering were obvious, but she still managed to win by a decent margin over Erin Baker.

As for me, I had a great ride, I kept the intensity at zone2-3 effort and noticed that my comfortable cadence has increased to 95-100rpm from my previous tendency to ride 85-90rpm. The small gains are good to recognize and acknowledge. I had set some big goals for this year and I really feel like it is my year to take a quantum leap in my training and racing. It is still a long season ahead, but if I continue to work as I have been while staying healthy, I know that I can achieve my goals.

Training for the day: Bike 95mins

No comments: