Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Monday

Another beautiful summer day here in Calgary. I drove my car today for the first time in weeks, thankfully the heat was not as intense, since I don't have a/c.
After work D and I headed over to the pool for a swim. I am feeling well and recovered and ready to get into the final build before IMC.
I am meeting with my coach tomorrow to hash out the details of the next couple weeks.

I felt fantastic as soon as I hit the water and I knew I was in for a great swim.
Did an endurance workout:
2x (500swim, 500 paddles, 500pull)
500 swim Oly race pace
3500m total

At the end of the swim D pulled off his goggles and dropped an f bomb describing how fast he thought I was. It took him 7 laps to catch me. As opposed to the regular 3 or 4? ;-)

I guess all the swimming is paying off and the confidence is very important for me going into IM. The swim is where I have been the most skittish in the past and I think I have tons of time to make up just by being more assertive and swimming my pace regardless of the thrashing bodies around me.

Training for the day: Swim 3500m 1hr11

No comments: