Thursday, May 1, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

I feel like I have been in a time warp this week, in one sense it has flown by, and in another it feels like forever since the weekend. I have been super busy with my own training, personal training for clients and teaching bootcamp. I am not complaining though- I have the best, best, best job in the world (for me). I am so grateful that I have found a way to make my passion my full time job. I absolutely love all the women I am working with - true women of strength- and no matter how hectic the day is, I am enjoying every moment of what I do. That being said, I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow to get some home work done and get ready for yet another trip to Edmonton on Saturday. I am really excited to do the UofA sprint, a short and fast little race to test the body out and just give er the entire time and see how I do. My parents are meeting us in Edmonton to watch, and since the only other race they have seen me compete in is Ironman, they were surprised when I told them we would be done in around one hour... "That's it??" lol. They will be coming back to GP to stay the week up here visiting us and my bro and his family. I am looking forward to the family time very much!

Training wise it has been a mixed bag this week. Monday was a full on rest day and I was in bed by 9:30. Tuesday I hit the pool for some speed work but my body wasn't up for it so it turned into a skills workout. I was planning to do a short run Tuesday but was so tired I decided to have a short 20min nap and it turned into 2hrs. It was then time for bootcamp class and by the time I got home I was ready for dinner and bed. I guess my body was telling me something! I was in bed again by 9:30 and Wednesday I finally felt back to normal. Did an awesome 3K swim 3x1000 and felt some really good speed and strength in the water. I am doing flip turns now consistently and it has almost become automatic. After the swim I did a great indoor bike (raining out) and was able to do a solid strength workout with intervals. That evening it was Bootcamp in the cold and rain. I would have been hypothermic if I didn't participate so I added a 60min full body strength workout with some running to my day. Then it was off to a dinner for D's work. Unfortunately the actually dinner didn't hit the table until 10pm. I was starving and exhausted and ended up in bed after 11 with a full belly....not ideal.

This morning I felt a bit sluggish waking up, but it was off to a Personal Training session and now home for some office work before I get some of my own training in and then another bootcamp class in the the rain by the looks of things. This morning I was walking to my client's house in the pouring rain carrying my giant purple exercise ball. People were driving by looking at me like I had 3 heads and someone even stopped to ask if I wanted a ride..LOL I must have looked really pathetic.

The good news to all this rain is that the grass is turning green right in front of ,y eyes. Some sunshine on the weekend and things may just start looking like summer around here!

Tuesday: Swim 2250m 50mins
Wesnesday:Swim 3000m 60mins
Bike 75mins
Strength/Core 60mins

No comments: