Thursday, May 1, 2008

Still Thursday :-)

Had a great swim, pulled out the speed workout I wanted to do Tuesday and today my body was on board. Warmed up with 1000m and then tested the 'full out' gear to see what I could do. 5x100m came in at 1:41, 1:41, 1:40, 1:36, 1:34. I had the plan to do more but after the last one my arms turned to lead ;-) it was a serious effort but I was stoked with the numbers I pulled. I finished off with 500m cool down and called it a day. Next up was a trip to the treadmill for my first real run since Boston. I decided to go for the softer surface of the treadmill since I am still re-establishing a relationship with my legs after the marathon of destruction. I actually felt great on the run, despite all of the squats and lunges yesterday. I did 50mins and then had to hop off and get to class. The rain stopped and the sun even poked out for us! It was a great class with more running and some kickboxing skills and drills- great stress relief for all the ladies after a long week :-)
Tomorrow is my day off and I am pumped to be babysitting the girls in the morning- I haven't had enough kid time lately! Hopefully the weather is nice and we can bounce on the trampoline- great cross training right!?

TFTD: Swim 2000m 40mins
Run: 50mins

No comments: