Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sometimes I like surprises :-)

Today the first surprise was how good I felt in the pool. I felt tired when I woke up and only slightly more awake after an hour walk/run with a client. I hit the water with low expectations and was met with an immediate good feeling in the water. My pull felt strong and easy, and my body felt long and smooth. I did a 1500m set followed by 750 paddles and 250 free. I ran out of time and out ld have like to have done another 500m but I made the mistake of trying to sneak in a visit to the bank prior to swimming....
Tonight's bootcamp class was a gooder and I participated, putting us through an awesome full body strength blast.
I wasn't in a hurry to get home, as D was out of town, so I hung around chatting with the girls, stopped and filled up with gas, put air in my tires and washed the Jeep. I browsed around in Safeway for an easy dinner and finally came home. When the garage door lifted I was surprised to see D's car. He was home early- it was awesome to have him home and spend the evening together.
Road trips in his business are necessary and frequent. I am not a big fan but I know it is a part of life right now. The upside is the happiness that comes with reuniting after time apart.

TFTD: Swim 2500m 50min
Core/Strength: 60min

1 comment:

Darin Hunter said...

I like that part too babe, I really miss you when I'm away.
Love D