Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday Sufferfest


After a week of intense workouts and a day of sitting on my ass, it was time to bring on the hurt with a long ride. I wasn't prepared to ride with no legs, but that is what it turned out to be. My legs were absolutely useless, and after a half hour of being frustrated and grumpy I adjusted my attitude and my expectation for the workout and decided it was to be a low hr, high cadence spin. I couldn't get my HR up to save my life, so it was best to work with what I had.
The entire 2.5hrs was tough, mentally and physically. I was very tempted to call it a day after an hour, but lucky for me I have a second half who was suffering just as much as I was, and we wouldn't let one another quit.
Watching the 2004, 2005 and part of 2006 Kona IM races helped keep us going. Days like today are what it takes to get there, and we are determined to make that happen. This isn't the first tough day, and it won't be the last. But I don't know anyone who does this sport because it is easy...

Training for the day: Bike 2.5hrs

1 comment:

Shannon Wicks said...

Just about everyone I know had a tough bike workout this weekend...weird.

My condolences to you guys on the passing of D's Grandfather. I can appreciate what he is feeling.

Shannon