Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cross Country Fun


It was a beautiful Saturday in Calgary today. The perfect day for a x-country run, which is probably why 150+ people showed up for the Edworthy race..as opposed to the much smaller showing last year when it was freezing cold.
Despite the balmy temps (I actually saw someone sans shirt- a bit un-called for in my opinion) there was still some icy descents that took more than one person down. I was fortunate and stayed upright. I was very grateful for my spikes today, this particular race has some steep uphills and downhills coupled with hairpin turns.
I had a better race than expected. I was feeling a bit run down Friday night and skipped my swim for a soak in the hot tub and steam. It must have done the trick though cause I seemed to be all better by race time.
I spend the first half of the race on the heels of Sandy swift feet, but on the second lap she dropped my like a bad habit going up the killer hill. I still managed to hold it together for a decent finish time of 38mins. It was good enough for 2nd in my AG and 3rd Female overall.
D had a great race despite the tumble he took going down a steep hill. His spike caught a rock or root and he scraped himself up pretty good but was able to recover and finish in 4th place.
After the race we ran some errands and then went home for pizza and movies night and some much appreciated couch time.

Training for the day: Run 38mins

No comments: