Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What it Takes...

Today I had to search really really hard and deep for some motivation. In fact I searched and searched and no matter what I came up with I still didn't feel like training. But I did it anyway. Training is like life, sometimes you have to do things whether you feel like it or not. I think tough training days are good life training days.
Once I managed to get my arse on the bike I felt pretty good. I watched the DVD "What it takes" to remind myself :-)
I did 90mins with some harder gear low cadence strength work. I have not been doing much "gym" strength training but my legs responded pretty well. My only issue was a giant knot in my left upper trapezius muscle that was giving me grief on the ride.
I was ready to go on a short T run, had all my gear on and was about to walk out the door when D came in from his run and said it was really windy and cold. Nuff said for me, I was hot and sweaty and I know how cold the wind here is. I called it a day and although I didn't get the entire scheduled workout in, I was satisfied.

I have been working hard on my website and promotional materials. The site will be live Monday, come hell or high water.
Free classes start April 8th and registered sessions April 28th, after we are back from Boston.... I am pumped.

TFTD: Bike 90mins

No comments: