Saturday, March 8, 2008

Back in the Groove

Well I am finally finished unpacking everything...can you say hallelujah? I am so done with moving. D and I agreed that even if we don't like it here we are not least until we forget about how tough this was. :-)
Anywho, I feel like my mojo has finally found me up here in GP. Thursday I got to the pool for a great swim. My shoulders were a bit tight starting out (likely a combination of the move and lack of swimming this past week) but after about 500m all things clicked and I felt great. The pool was relatively quiet. I got in at 8am and only shared with one other person who was out in about 1/2 hr. I then had the whole lane to myself. I think that most people go from 6-7:30 to get it in before work. Lucky for me I don't have a job...ha.
After my swim I headed out for a run. The pathway system is only a block from the pool so I decided to check it out. It is fanstastic. I have to say, for such a small centre, they did some things really right. This is one of them. The path follows the ravine and is a nice undulating run that with my random detours took 90 mins to run. Without getting off track it would have probably been an hour, but I was out there for the adventure.
The trail was snowed over in most places, which made it more challenging. I am definitely building more strength in the legs running here- nothing is smooth!
The scenery was spectacular- like a winter wonderland- the trail is surrounded by trees and feels as though it is a million miles from anywhere. So quiet that all I could hear was the crunching of snow beneath my feet. I didn't bring an ipod and really enjoyed the serenity of it.
I did wish I had my camera to catch some of the beauty. The snow was sparkling with millions of colors and the trees were all draped with snow like thick icing.
The only tough part was that I had eaten breakfast at 6am, swam an hour and by the time I finished my sun it was almost 11am! I kept telling my body to tap into the fat LOL. It must have worked because I made it through feeling fine.
I wish I'd had a garmin to measure distance, but next time.
The rest of Thursday was unpacking and cleaning. I also babysat Gianna (aka Gi Gi, aka Giggles) for a bit in the afternoon while Maesa had her swimming lesson.
On my first night alone I was too exhausted to be weirded out. I crashed at 9:30 and slept until 8:00!
Friday morning I was babysitting the girls until just after lunch and then came home to continue the work. I managed to haul a ton of the cardboard out of the garage (which was beginning to resemble a landfill) and clean up a lot. Now I just need a truck to haul the rest away (hopefully my brother will help me *hint hint*).
I finally finished unpacking around 7 and rewarded myself with power intervals on the bike. Good times. I felt fantastic riding though and was able to push the big gears in my sets.
After the ride I popped in a Core/Pilates DVD that I had picked up at superstore over xmas for 4 bucks. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised with the quality! I did a challenging 30min core workout to finish out the day.
Last night was another good sleep and toady I am looking forward to D coming home and doing our long spin together. He leaves again tomorrow, so we will try to get in some quality training and resting time together before he goes.

Thursday Training: Swim 50mins 2600m
Run 90min

Friday: Bike 60mins
Core: 30mins

1 comment:

Hallsy said...

Holy Crap - Like - How many calories would you have burned doing that? A million. I felt good just trying to put a dent in the laundry and get the carpets in our place vacuumed without missing a workout. Yeeeshh. Nice work baby!