Friday, December 14, 2007

Spin and a Rock Concert


Came home early and got a good ride in, before heading out for the event of the (my) year...lol. BON JOVI LIVE!
Since I was 10 years old, I have been a HUGE fan. For my 10th birthday, ALL I wanted was the Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet tape. I got it and spent the entire night doing air bands with my friends...I was always Jon ;-)
In 20 years, not a lot has changed, really- tapes are CDs and mp3s, we all use less hairspray, and I am still pretending I am JBJ. Ha.
It was an awesome concert. Two and a half hours of my favorite band serenading me. I contributed by giving every bit of energy I could to the cause. As a finely tuned Ironman athlete, I like to think I have a lot of endurance. But after jumping, screaming and fist pounding for 2 and a half hours (in heels) I was effectively spent. What a great time. The BEST time.
Even D had a blast. He is now a converted JBJ fan. He is also the first guy I have dated that isn't jealous of my JBJ infatuation. He gets it :-)
Check out this set list...
INTRO
LOST HIGHWAY
BAD NAME
RAISE YOUR HANDS
RUNAWAY
OLDER
KEEP THE FAITH
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
TILL WE AIN'T STRANGERS ANYMORE
BORN TO BE MY BABY
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE W/ SHOUT
STRANGER IN THIS TOWN - RICHIE
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
DIAMOND RING
NEVER SAY GOODBYE
MYSTERY TRAIN
BLOOD ON BLOOD
SLEEP WHEN I"M DEAD
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
LIVIN ON A PRAYER

ENCORE:
SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
RUN RUN RUDOLPH
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
WANTED
TWIST & SHOUT
TREAT HER RIGHT


Training for the day: Bike 1 hr
Rockin out 150mins

No comments: