Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Overcoming

Just like the title of the movie, today was about overcoming. Overcoming myself that is. After a long day, I left work at 6pm. It was cold, dark and I was tired. The last thing I felt like doing was taking my clothes off and jumping in water...brrrrr. But I wanted to get a swim in so I pushed through the mental block that wanted to go home and curl up on the couch and made it to the pool.
My prime motivation for getting there- the hot tub- was closed, and the pool was packed with only 2 lanes open for swimming and the rest filled with synchro girls. But I was there, I had my suit on and there was no turning back. I jumped in and started swimming. It turned out to be a great swim, I felt strong and the time flew by. I managed 2km in 44mins including breaks, so a good session.

Character building- that is training through the winter in Canada :-)

Training for the day: Swim 2000m

No comments: