Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home For the Holidays


D and I really enjoyed our quiet time on the farm. We ate lots, moved a little and loved it.
As for training, we did manage to get on the treadmill once and out on the skis once. The rest of the time we took it easy. It was great to be home with my family and the Christmas holiday was awesome.

That being said, it was good to get home. We were both starting to feel pretty fat and lazy and were ready to get back to our regular routine.

After over 9hrs in the car, we got home and were quick to get on the bikes and get the legs going. I swear, my body forgot how to bike. It was tough to get started but it felt good once we got into it. Having the 2003 tour on the TV helped, that is one my favorite races to watch. We got an hour in and felt better for it.

Today we hit the pool, for me it has been a long time since I was in the water! I was really happy to swim, and although I didn't feel super fast, I managed to get in 2800m in 55mins.

I am working on my race schedule and goals for the year. I have them pretty much outlined in my mind, but need to get them in print and put the plan on paper...it always makes it more real.

Training for the Day: Swim 2800m 55 mins
December 26th: Bike 60 mins
December 24th: X-C Ski 60 mins
December 23rd: Run 50 mins

No comments: