Sunday, August 19, 2007

The right side of the bubble...

My coach is always talking about "the bubble" all year it has been about keeping me on the right side of the bubble- the energy bubble that is. For the most part we have been successful, the building, peaking and resting has worked out at the right times and I have made it through 10months of IM training without illness or injury. My goal race is a week away, and this is the final peak for me, the entire year has been about getting me to that day on the right side of the bubble.
I started my taper officially on Monday, and for the most part I have felt like crap for this entire week. Low energy and sooo tired. I definitely was feeling on the wrong side of the bubble, and frankly, I was starting to worry. I was signed up to race Chaparral today, but I signed up with the commitment that I would only race if I felt 100%. I felt much less than that for the most part of the week so last night D and I made the decision that we would forgo the race, and focus on resting up. It was an easy decision for D- he is recovering from a stomach virus and definitely was not in the mood to race. I decided that I had nothing to gain and everything to lose by racing tired, so I was ok with my decision as well. As it turns out, it was the right choice. After a solid 12hr sleep last night I woke up feeling more rested than I have in weeks. I went for an easy workout at the TC and felt peppy and strong. I kept it short, but felt amazing, and finally feel like I am working from the right side of that bubble again...
This week is about taking good care of my body. Good rest, solid nutrition and some short punchy workouts to keep me feeling fresh.
Tuesday mom and dad are coming and we are all leaving Wednesday am. We have a fantastic lake front hotel booked for the week and I am really looking forward to getting out there and most of all looking forward to race day. My goals are clear to me and I feel very confident that my training has been solid. I just need to put into play all that I know and things will come together as I have planned.
One thing is for certain...I am going to enjoy it. I have earned it.

Training for the weekend: Saturday Bike 50min t-run 10min
Sunday Swim 45mins (2.1km), Bike 30mins, Run 30mins (6km) Stretch 15mins

Renos- purchased appliances, kitchen cupboards and sink, tile and hardwood. Chose tub, toilet ,sink, vanity and kitchen countertops as well as paint and lighting... about 7hrs total...lol

No comments: