Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Update...not nearly as entertaining as the SNL version

Had another solid weekend in terms of training.
Friday I was feeling really tired from the sleepless night before so we decided to do our swim Saturday morning and have a relaxing evening. Got to bed early and had a very restful sleep.
Got up early to be at the pool for 7:30 and did our swim. Got in 3100m in an hour and felt really good.
We then packed up our bikes and gear and headed out to Bragg to start our ride. We wanted to do the Chinook half course again before the race.
It looked like we might be in for a wet ride by the ominous dark clouds, but as it turned out it was a perfect riding day.
I had a great first 40km- felt great and did it in 1hr11mins. The way back felt a bit tougher though, there is definitely more uphill on the way out. That will be good to remember on race day, the first half will seem like a tough slog, but I can trust that the way back to town will be somewhat faster. It is a tough bike course none the less, and I am anticipating about 3hr20 for the 96km on race day.
I tried something different and downloaded an audiobook to listen to on the ride. I chose a Paolo Coehlo novel "the devil and Miss Prym". It was really good and I enjoyed listening on the bike. Something I will definitely do again.
Saturday afternoon we did some errands hit the market and did a little shopping. Had a great bbq dinner and then cozied up on the couch and watched a movie.
Sunday morning we slept in until 8:30 and then had a lazy breakfast before heading out for our run.
It was another nice day, I was looking forward to finishing the second half of the audio book. I was surprised at how good I felt right from go, and really enjoyed my run around Glenmore Resevoire.
Had another great afternoon- we both picked up some racing flats for the Sunday and another awesome bbq for dinner.
Looking forward to some open water swims this week in Arbour Lake and this Sunday it is race time!! We are both excited to test ourselves after all this training...woohoo!
It was such a nice evening that we decided to go out for a walk. Went down to River Park and back. It was beautiful as long as we kept moving- the mosquitos were vicious!

Training Saturday: Swim: 1hr 3100m
Bike 80km 2hrs 40
Sunday: Run 18.5km 1hr44

No comments: