Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Here Fishy Fishy

Finally got into the lake tonight for an open water swim session. Did the Arbour course, and I felt ok, but my arms felt heavy and even though I tried to go fast, I felt slow. Just getting used to sighting and swimming without the line at the bottom of the pool! I will get in there a couple more times before the race and will get more comfortable I am sure.

One thing I am happy about is that the water temp was not as bad as I remember. It was 12 degrees but really after getting started it didn't feel bad at all.

Swam over lots of fish...

Overall, I am feeling really good about the weekend. I should be really well rested if nothing else, this has been the easiest week of training in a long time.

Training for the day: Open water swim: 40mins (3 laps around the lake plus some fun)

No comments: