Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tuesday Indoor Tri Day

What a storm we were treated to tonight! Luckily we were inside doing our Tuesday Tri.
It was a tough one from start to finish today! All high zones and speed work. I always feel a bit flat on Tuesdays after a rest day Monday, and today was no exception. I was tired after work and it was all I could do to drag myself to the gym for what I knew was going to be a killer workout. Lucky for me Darin was in for it too, and he helped kick my butt out the door to go.

Started out with a swim that was full of speed work. 400m w/u 5x 50 on 1:15, 5X100 on 2:15 and 5x200 on 4:15, 300 C/D. Was a short, but intense workout.

Then onto the track for the Bike/Run workout. It is great at MRC that they have spin bikes right on the track, so it made it easier to do this workout.
4 sets of 14min bike zone3/4, 6min run zone 4.
Sounds easy enough but I literally almost lost my cookies on the third set.

Anyway,we did it. Made for a late night so straight to bed. At least this rain has cooled things off and we should be able to go to sleep without the fan.

Training for the day: Swim: 2500m 1hr
BRICK: 80min

No comments: