Friday, March 23, 2007

Ready, Steady, Go

I feel like something has clicked in my training..
I had a great swim workout tonight, Darin and I did our usual Friday night long swim, but tonight I realized something- I am getting stronger and FASTER. My 100ms have always been 2mins. Today I timed myself and I was consistently doing 1:48 without too much effort. I timed a 50m set and was 9:36 compared to my typical 10mins.

I am not fast compared to a fast person, but my own times are getting faster and I feel the best I have ever felt in the water. 3km swim flies by, I am able to push myself and still feel like I have more to give at the end.

I talked with Syl today and she has set up my program for the next few weeks. She is going to do a swim evaluation, some muscle testing and is setting me up to build some more power in my little legs. I am ready. I will do whatever it takes.

I feel stronger, more fit and more committed than I have felt in a long time. I really feel like this is my year. I am ready to find out what I can really do...
Bring it on.

Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow for a long outdoor ride :-) Sunday plan is a trail run with Celine. When I am in the mountains biking or running, I am in my happy place... I love spring, I love weekends, I love life...

Training for the day: Swim 3k

No comments: