Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Monday Run

It was a hot one today, 30 degrees, and I wanted to do what I could to suffer in the hottest part of the day. We have had so little opportunity for warm weather training that I felt like I needed to.
It was a sufferfest alright, mission accomplished. I ran some trails, which were out of the direct sun, but still hot as hell. I finished my bottle in 7km and had to run to Starbucks to fill up. It was nice to get some icy cold water. I went back out and made my way through the park and to the pavilion for another refill. Even though I was drinking, my pounding headache was back and I was having a really hard time getting any speed out of my legs. I decided it was not a day for speed and just kept moving forward.
I got back to my truck in 100mins and was out of water again, so I called it a good day.
TFTD Run: 100mins 17.5km

No comments: