Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Thursday

Well despite a tough start to the week, things are rolling along. I chipped the ice rink that is supposed to be our driveway on Monday for 2.5hrs. I became a bit fixated once I had started and ended up doing quite a number on my hand, arm and shoulder. Tuesday I was sore, but managed a good strength workout and then a spin. Getting on the bike was tough, I just didn't feel like it. I was even thinking maybe I should just 'quit' until I feel like training again. But I decided to put in a Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD and give it a go. And it worked. Buffy kicked ass and so did I (thanks Heidi!) I ended up feeling great and the hour flew by. On Wed I was in the pool as soon as class finished at 7am and had a decent swim. It was great to see all my tri buds there bright and early too. After the swim I had a client and then took H-dog out for a run. I heard on the radio on the drive home from the pool that it was -35 and so I bundled up. I ended up being a bit too warm as it turned out, the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day for a run. Other than my face, I wasn't cold at all. 

Today I woke up at 4:50 with a smile on my face, knowing that it is the last day I have to get up early this week. Lori joined me for a spin today and I managed to do a solid 90min effort. I felt great on the bike and enjoyed the company so much I didn't even realize how hard I was working. When we finished I bundled up to take Harley for a walk, which is when I started to feel just how solid of a ride it was :-)

Tomorrow is a sleep in (yay!) another dip in the pool, a core session and then my hubby comes home from up North. I am looking forward to the weekend, it is supposed to warm up a bit which will make Saturday's run more enjoyable for sure.

Here are some pics- the first is pre run on Wednesday, bundled up. Harley is waiting impatiently. The color quality on the iphone leaves a lot to be desired. My pink jacket looks orange and my tan carpet looks pink...

This is post run. We were running into the sun on the way back so it melted most of my eye lashicles.Here is H dog is some of his most common poses. Staring out the window (D calls it dog TV), 



And taking a nap with his new friend. 
Thanks to my parents for sending it for him for valentine's day :-)

6 comments:

NJ said...

Love the frosty pic! Way to get out there in that cold. You're tough!

Darin Hunter said...

Sounds like you and H-dog are having a great time babe. Can't wait to get home and hang out with the two of you again. Miss you two so much!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Sounds like an awesome week of training! It has been terribly cold here, too, but not quite as cold as GP! H-dog is so cute and exactly like Hugo, my pup, who loves to look out the window and sun himself!

Naomi Rae Nicholson said...

You are hard core, Amber! Those are not mild temps to venturing out in. :)

Julie said...

Way to crank out some solid bike rides! I love "Dog Tv!" -- I am going to use that one. :):)

I bundle up the same way as you do -- frozen eyelashes and all. You know when your eyelashes get especially crusted and you have to squeeze them together to melt the ice balls off them? Hahahahaha -- Can't wait until summer!

KK said...

"Dog TV," I love it.

Nice workouts. I can't believe how hard core you guys up north are,-35degrees and you ran outside? You have major fortitude!

That sounds miserable about ice chipping the driveway :(