Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Humpday


Wheeeee it's Wednesday! I am a happy camper. In fact, I am a very happy, and grateful camper. This week has been rolling along tickity-boo-fantastic with training finally returning to normal. Even more important is the fact that I am feeling back to myself energy wise. After the past couple of weeks I am reminded of how important my health is to me. To be able to go through  my daily life activities, and to be able to give 100% to my family and my clients, is what really matters. Training is a bonus. Icing on the proverbial cake. But tasty icing for certain, and also integral to my physical, mental and spiritual well being. 

Tuesday I did a rock star strength workout that had me shaking from top to toe by the end. My afternoon trainer session was tough, I was actually unable to do the workout so I decided to swap for my Thursday workout which called for a 60min steady state. *Much* better. 
Today I was finally back in the pool and did a tough hour long session filled with drills and kick. 600m of kick (in a row!) to be exact. That hurt, but less than I was anticipating. 
My afternoon delight was a kick ass treadmill workout that involved a good warm up, and then a 20min set at 5km pace. I love these types of workouts. I love the feeling of riding the edge of control, sweat flying and heart pounding. I was only able to do 8.3mph for the 20mins but I felt good about it. My 5km pace is faster than that, but I have to take into account where I am at after 2 weeks of illness. 

I am also feeling a return of enthusiasm for the upcoming race season. I am really happy to be racing shorter distances this year, and feel no regret in taking the year off Ironman. I am looking forward to returning to my love of short, painful and fast racing. Quick and dirty. And still time (and energy) to cuddle afterwards. :-)

No comments: