Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two Steps Forward...One Step Back

Not a dance routine, just how I feel. After feeling like I was pretty much better, I ran and swam yesterday and today woke up feeling rough again. I am sure it was the pool, it was tough enough to swim not able to breathe through my nose, and flip turns were out. I wanted to complete it though and in hindsight, should have just pulled the plug and cut my losses. 
Anyway, back on the sinutab wagon and taking a solid rest day. Hopefully tomorrow is better as I want to get out for a ski. I am going to forego the swim and make up the spin I am missing today. 
The weather is great here today! +7 and raining- bizarre, but a nice change and it is melting some of the snow. I am taking my evening bootcamp outdoors today to tackle the stairs. Should be a good time for all.....
Thankfully it is almost the weekend, D is home tomorrow and I am looking forward to hanging with the boys this weekend. We are planning our annual Superbowl festivities- which involve the two of us, many beers and too many chips. It is always a good time, and sometimes I even watch some of the game ;-)

On a completely unrelated note, here is a shot of my hubby at the dog park, beautiful man, beautiful sunset.
and a shot of Harley with his new ear covers...

4 comments:

IMC1040 said...

Hey there Amber....Congratulations...you are the first comment on my blog!! Just trying to keep all the family up to date as to whats happening with me...My Mom is telling me "your doing too much" and little does she know its not near as much as when we are in serious IM training!! Hoping to get with you guys on Sunday mornings but doing this run thing for the next bit...take care and enjoy the weather...And I enjoy yours and Darrens blogs and keep it going...looking forward to lots of outdoor stuff with you guys this season!...Robert

Nadeen Halls said...

Nice ear warmers :) I'll try to get the same shot with Maximus ... I'm sure he'll be equally thrilled ... LOL

Kelly B. said...

Harley does not look too happy...kind of like when I tried to put bretts in my 2 year old's hair one time. And feel better soon!!

Julie said...

Harley is adorable -- I love the look on his face. "It's time to humour my humans again. Sigh." :) :)

Thanks for your kind words on my blog -- give Harley a big hug and a kiss on those cute little spots above his nose. :)