Tuesday, January 6, 2009

So.Much.FUN!


Well Sunday was an odd day, D and I were working away on the trainers, spinning with Coach Troy's "Have Mercy" when 45mins in the power went out. Originally, we thought that we blew a breaker, so we checked but the whole house was out! So we kept spinning, sans fan, tv or lights. It was tough because I was having a hard time keeping my legs turning with all of the 'comforts' afforded by electricity. A half hour later I was done and had a dark shower, followed by a cold lunch, and with nothing we could do- the garage door is electric, we took a nap ;-) About an hour later the power came back on and life resumed. D went off to work, and I took Harley to the Wapiti Trails for a ski. It was a beautiful day, mild temperatures for a change! We did the only loop that dogs are allowed on...4 times to make the 90mins I had on my schedule. In all fairness I was going a lot faster with my little sled dog than I normally would. He was really good on the leash with me. Each time we got a little downhill we picked up speed and Harley would sprint and pull me along until we ran out of steam and I had to ski. We FLEW! It was so fun! When we got home D was home too, and we had a nice relaxing evening. Harley crashed on the floor and didn't move. I did the same on the couch, we were both BEAT!
Next weekend D will be able to come with us and I am looking forward to having him there to share in the fun.
Oh and here is a what we needed Sunday...

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

I love the new blog layout! Where did you find such a fabulous background? I can only find the generic boring ones on the templates!

Sounds like your training is going great and you are managing in the cold Arctic conditions! Brrr, G.P. is cold!

Naomi Rae Nicholson said...

Funny clip!!! :)