Sunday, August 10, 2008

Recharging the Batteries


This weekend we were off to SK to celebrate the marriage of my cousin Brennan, to his new bride Brita. It was a beautiful wedding, and I am so glad we were able to be there. It was a wonderful celebration of LOVE and commitment, and I couldn't be happier for them.
Training took a back seat this weekend, and gave way to family and rest. I think it was for the best for both of us, to have a rest before our last couple of weeks of training. We did manage to get out for a run in the heat on Saturday...and the wind. It must have followed us.
I have never liked long tapers, and do best when I listen to my body rather than a pre set schedule. This year I am doing just that and am feeling great with 20 days to go. I am going to get some long sessions in this week, hopefully the weather co-operates tomorrow for a long ride and then a long run Tuesday. The forecast this weekend is looking good and hot which would be an awesome way to finish off the training season. We will be in Louisville the Tuesday prior to the race so we will have some days to ride and run in the heat...I am hoping it will be enough to get our systems on board.

No comments: