Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Re-Caffinated


Ok, I was sick of seeing the green face on my blog, so I found one that makes me feel better :-)
I am officially better- I knew I was good once I could drink coffee again. As bad as having my guts turned inside out for 2 days was, it was only slightly worse than the caffeine withdrawal headache I had. Yes, it is officially official....I am a full blown caffiene junkie. It is easy to deny the addiction until I can't stomach the drug delivery beverage...
But all is well in the world again.
Yesterday I sweat out the end of the sickness with a 60min spin sans fan. I figured I would rid myself of whatever toxins may be hiding in the only bodily fluids that weren't forcefully ejected from my body on the weekend. :-S
Today there was a running time trial on the books as well as a swim. Both went well. The 3km TT took me 13:34 and my HR got up to 179...so I have some work to do :-)
The swim went well, other than the one arm fly drill...one arm??!! I can't even do the fly with both arms! I am liking all the drills though, it keeps me focused in the pool and time goes by faster.
This weekend is early Christmas. My parents are here and I am hosting everyone for the big Turkey dinner. It would be a disaster if not for the fact my mom is here to make sure I don't screw anything up. Martha Stewart I am not.

Tuesday TFTD: Bike 60min
Wednesday: Run 35
Swim 45

3 comments:

Megan said...

If you haven’t seen one-arm=fly, get someone to demonstrate; it's actually easier then both arm fly... once you got your rhythm down!

Nadeen Halls said...

I second that statement.

Julie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I too am a caffeine junkie -- all my buds seem to drink tea, and I'm the lone wolf who guzzles back the coffee. LOL!!

Coffee drinkers of the world -- unite!

:)