Sunday, September 23, 2007

Back in the Gym

Life is good. This weekend we got back to some training-like activity.
Hit the gym Saturday for a great spin on the bike and my first session of my off season strength training program. I woke up some muscles that haven't been worked in a while and am feeling it. I am glad for it though, I have missed this..
Today we were back to the pool for a our first post tattoo swim. After 3+ weeks out of the water, I am not as smooth as I was to say the least. I was having some trouble getting my breathing comfortable and I swallowed more water than usual, overall not too bad and it felt great just to get back in the water.

This weekend was also the ATA awards, and my boy just happened to be chosen for the Age Group Athlete of the Year. It was a most deserved award after a year of hard training and great results.
D has been a huge inspiration and motivation for me all year, and I am very proud of his accomplishments. Trying to keep up with him has been the best training strategy I've found!

No comments: