Thursday, April 30, 2009
Well it has been an arse kicker of a week for me. My training has ramped up and I am remembering how it feels to be so.very.tired.
Rather than bore you with the gory whatfores, I will take my turn at this game Amy tagged me in.
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions?
Sleep, eating, and getting knocked up :)
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
my thermal tights (unfortunately)
3. Last thing you bought for yourself?
A lot $$ of lingerie (see #1)
4. What’s for breakfast (my change)
Oatmeal, almonds for first breakfast, 2 eggs and 2 toasts for 2nd breakfast
5. Say something to the person who tagged you:
Amy is a funny chick who I wish I could meet in person. I think she'd be a hoot to train with, and even more fun to drink wine with :)
6. What is one item you could not live without?
My water bottle (and water)
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
South of France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Rome, India, Africa, Australia and NZ with my hubby.
8. What is your most immediate short term goal:
To stay awake long enough to watch Grey's Anatomy.
9. What are you reading right now?
Fifth Mountain By Paulo Cohelo
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
"Yes Man" with Jim Carey. It was awesome.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Wine and Chips on Thursday nights (although I am off booze now). Fries and Beer before a race :) But I never feel guilty about what I eat, I earn that shiz.
12. What’s your favorite smell?
My husband. My dog. Coffee.
13. Whats something you look forward to?
14. Favorite Quote?
I have lots, but my current favorite is "Make hay while the sun shines!"
16. Whats one thing you can't go a day with out doing?
17. What do you have an addiction to?
the internet. thank god for my iphone :)
18. Whats your favorite holiday?
Any holiday I get to spend with family. But I really love birthdays.
19. How many pairs of shoes (not just running) do you have??
This is an area of contention in our house, so I'm not counting! But I have less than 5 pairs of non running shoes. And many many (many) running shoes.
20. Tell us one random thing about you.
I was the shortest person in my school (grades 7-12) when I was in grade 7. They lined us up tallest to shortest for some picture thing and I was at the very back. I actually physically forced the kid in front of me to switch places with me. I was, (and still am), small but mighty.
21. Why did you start your blog?
I started it as a training log, and never imagined anyone other than D and maybe some family would read it.
22. (The question I added) What is your silliest/ most embarrassing triathlete rookie story?
When I was training for my first tri I went to a clinic to learn about transitions etc. They told us to make sure we practice everything so that we would be prepared on race day. So I went home and set my bike up in the basement with all my transition gear. Then I put on my wetsuit, got in the shower and then ran downstairs, practicing getting it off, and getting dressed while wet. The 2nd or 3rd time I did it I slipped on the hardwood floors and nearly flew down the stairs. :)
I guess I take preparation more seriously than others because it wasn't until I shared what I had done that I found out how ridiculous I was...
Tag! You're it.. (I picked 4)
Posted by Amber Dawn at 9:01 PM