Friday, July 3, 2009

Just be happy.

It has been a roller coaster the last couple of weeks for me. I have been a bit of an emotional basket case (sorry babe) and not that easy to be around...(double sorry).
I have been trying to transcend the circumstances and not let what I cannot control consume me. I consider myself a fairly conscious and aware person, yet I have not been able to put into practice that which I know would alleviate my internal struggle.
It all boils down to letting go. I am sure my biggest challenge, lesson and gift in this life is about letting go, which is why it keeps coming up in my face.
So this morning I woke up and made a choice. That I am going to let go. Let go of my expectations, worries, fears and attachments. It might be hard, but it could be easy.
I am choosing to be open and free. To focus on what is, and not what is not. To appreciate what I am, what I can do and what I have. And let go of what could have been. To break free of my attachment to results and just be happy in the process.
For this weekend anyway ;) One step at a time.

4 comments:

Naomi Rae Nicholson said...

A very honest post from a very incredible lady. :)

I love the quote on peace, Amber. Speaking from very personal experience, I can assure you that finding peace and stillness doesn't come with a lack of adversity. It comes, as the quote says, in the midst of it.

Life isn't always easy, but allowing yourself to feel your emotions while remembering you have stillness in your core will help you through challenging times.

Please remember: you are AMBER. While you have MANY incredible attributes, talents, successes, you are still YOU with or without them.

BIG Hugs and Smiles,
Naomi :)
xo

cherelli said...

hey Amber, Sorry to hear things haven't lined up so well for GWN...but, hopefully you can still participate and simply enjoy being out there with some good like-minded people...oftentimes being thrown off balance can be rough to the system, esp one as motivated as yours...but once you let yourself get realigned somehow hopefully it'll become clear that maybe being thrown off balance was a good thing. Every lesson pays dividends somehow in the future...here's wishing you a peaceful, contemplative journey.

Jordan said...

Amber, I wish I had read this post before we met in person. This should be framed.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't have the right words when you told me how your race went yesterday but know this: After meeting you - I know you are one awesome woman and that's a far greater result than an arbitrary time at any race.

Keep smilin!

Amy said...

Hey Amber - I just caught up on a couple of your posts as I have been MIA lately. Sorry about your fall...ouchie wha wa. That looked like it hurt (probably still does). Also, new deck looks great! I wish I could come over for a beer!

Hang in there.....I loved this last post. It's hard to let go but you have the right attitude. You can't change some situations so it's best not to dwell. Least its not snowing???? (Silver lining?)