Sunday, March 7, 2010

Babe, you need to update your blog...

Yeah I was told this today. I have been meaning to, really I have. It has just felt very busy and everytime I think about updating it seems there is too much to post and not enough time...lol.
So here is a recap of the past two weeks...

My folks came for a visit! 10 days for mom and dad just left this morning. It was awesome to have them here, I love having my parents here and the house always feels a bit too empty after they leave.
 
We celebrated my first born niece's 5th birthday!!  So hard to believe that this little angel...
 
...is 5 already!! 
We had a big party and I had the honor of making the cake. I'm not a baker but I was up for the challenge. I think what I lack in baking skills I made up for in creativity.
Can you guess the theme??? LOL She was so cute in her birthday outfit. The lady at the hotel desk where we had the party (pool/waterslide) wished her a happy birthday. She said thanks and then asked "how did you know it was my birthday?" This is what she was wearing at the time...
 
So cute. 

We have had some awesome weather the past 2 weeks. D has been loving riding outside in March!!! Note the snowbanks...they are receding!


I, of course, have been running. And running. And running. Last weekend I did 27km and 16km for my long runs as a bit of a recovery from the big 35km the week before. This week I was so happy to be out in the sunshine I did all my runs outside, 2 of them on trail! It was a.maz.ing.

Yesterday I did a 42.2km run, my first (of many I am sure) solo marathon. Today I ran 20km with a friend and I felt really good. It helped to have company for sure! I am surprised at how well I am adapting to the mileage. I felt pretty crappy yesterday with a horrific headache and nausea and still managed to do the marathon in 4:08. Faster than my first ever marathon in 2003 (4:11). Today we ran very easy and still managed sub 6min kms (1:55 for 20km). The week's total was 110km. I am publishing all these numbers because it is all still a big novelty to me. And that's how I roll....LOL (for Julie)

Best of all I seem to recover quickly. My whole family and everyone I have been around lately has been sick and (knock on wood) so far I have held it off. I felt a bit run down today but tomorrow is a rest day and I will make sure to get lots of sleep and vitamin c in me.

So that is the recap. This weekend I am off to Calgary for a business course so it will be a lower volume run weekend. I am looking forward to doing some new (old) trails though so I will probably be getting up early to run before the class starts. If any of you Calgary freaks want to join me let me know!!  Hopefully cowtown gets some nice weather too :)

Happy Training!! (and gestating for the other half of my blogroll!!)

8 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow! What a sweet cake! Your niece must have absolutely loved it! Great job on all that crazy long running, you are doing awesome! I can't imagine doing 110km in one week!

Oh, I am actually racing GWN again this year - if I wasn't I would for sure have loved to be on your team!

Kelly B. said...

That little girl is precious! Maybe we could trade my boys for those girls someday...
Good job on the running! Those are some serious kms you are putting in.

Keith said...

Neat idea to join you, and hope you have fun here, but holy hannah! Join implies running together, and that wouldn't last long at all! Oh, and I've got a 10K race on Sat.

You are doing great on all that running!

Jenna said...

I felt pretty crappy yesterday with a horrific headache and nausea and still managed to do the marathon in 4:08.

Yeah - you are a rockstar!!
And a good little cake baker!
Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

You are so creative!! That cake is so awesome!!! :) :) :)

Congratulations on running a solo marathon -- too!! Hahahaha!! I think it is so hilarious -- pretty soon, you'll be saying, "Oh, I only ran 42km today...nothing major." Hee-hee!!

FREAKING ROCKSTAR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly B. said...

OMG....I just about fainted when I read Keith's comment...I thought he knew who Hannah Montana was!!!
I was scared there for a minute...

Amber Dawn said...

bahahahaha Kelly!

Keith said...

hahahaha!!! Rest assured, I have no idea who or what Hannah Montana is.